Friday, July 11, 2014

SOUTHERN CATCH




I can't remember where I first heard about Southern Catch, but wherever it was I want to thank them because this is one more fine seafood restaurant.



We happened to go while they were celebrating their one year anniversary, and they gave us a free order of fried pickles, an item we often order elsewhere, and we both agree these are the best we've ever had.



I ordered the catfish basket (3 catfish fillets, fries, hush puppies, coleslaw). These rank with some of the best catfish I've ever had, and maybe even rank as the best, might be because they were breaded with corn meal. We also requested our fries be made extra crispy and they arrived as ordered.



My wife ordered the small shrimp basket (6 shrimp, coleslaw, fries, hush puppies). I traded one catfish fillet for 2 shrimp and was blown away at how good the shrimp were. My wife concurred. She stopped eating shrimp for a few years because no place seemed able to cook them right. Her only regret today is that she traded away two of hers!



Not realizing that the baskets came with hush puppies, we ordered a side of hush puppies. These are some great tasting sweet hush puppies, which appeared to have pieces of pimento in them. Sadly, we had so much other food, we really couldn't make a dent in the extra hush puppies. We also were given a couple of pieces of cake in celebration of their anniversary. 



The restaurant is small (I counted 24 seats inside and there's a couple of picnic tables outside). Southern Catch is a pretty good drive from Taylors...but well worth that drive and We'll definitely be going back.

No comments: