Sunday, May 22, 2016

THE SKILLET



I've eaten at The Skillet several times and it's on my regular list of places to eat whrn I'm in Spartanburg. I think the first time we went, I ordered a waffle and sausage. My wife ordered Blueberry Pancakes with bacon, which is what I always order now. 


How good are these? Well, I don't even like blueberry pancakes, or at least I didn't think I did until I ordered them at The Skillet. As an added touch, the pancakes are served with warm syrup. I'm also not that big on ordering bacon in restaurants because most places cannot cook it  crispy, but The Skillet knows how to cook bacon that's crispy and tasty.


The above photo shows you the concentration of blueberries in the pancakes. No skimping at The Skillet. 



The Skillet is fairly small with just a few tables and counter seating. They're only open 6am to 2pm Monday through Saturday and 8am to 2pm on Sunday. Everything I've seen them serve looked good and if I lived in Spartanburg, I would try other things, as it is, I'll just keep ordering blueberry pancakes and bacon and be mighty happy.

No comments: