Sunday, October 27, 2013

MAC'S SPEED SHOP


We visited Mac's Speed Shop 930 S Main St, Greenville, SC 29601 on a Thursday afternoon in September. Located near the Greenville Drive Stadium, parking is no trouble after 1 pm, as can be seen from our parking space which was just a few feet from the door.


Mac's has a huge beer selection, although our waitress told us she was only familiar with brands like Bud Light, however she offered to bring us a sample of anything we thought we would like to try. I had a draft Oskar Blues Dales for 4.50 and my wife ordered a Yuengling, which came in a very large can for 3.00 (quite a bargain for downtown Greenville).



We ordered three appetizers. First was a cup of chili with cheese, onion, and sour cream and more tortilla chips than you would ever want (4.00). The chili was ok, but a little on the thin side. I wouldn't order it again.



Next were the fried pickles with ranch dressing (4.00). These had just the right amount of spice and were fried perfectly. We would definitely order these again. 


For out final pick we tried the 3 sliders plate (7.00): One pork bbq, one pimento cheese, and one brisket. The pimento cheese was ok, but nothing out of the ordinary. The bbq pork was pretty good, but the real star of this plate was the brisket. When I think bbq, I think pork, so I've never tried brisket, but these were so good, I wish all three had been brisket sliders.



Mac's is a small chain (4 in NC and this one in Greenville) and while I normally avoid chain restaurants, Mac's was A-OK in my book and is a place I plan to eat at again.


No comments: