Saturday, November 2, 2013

PIG OUT B-B-Q

Pig Out B-B-Q, 3001 New Cut Road, Inman, SC

I had heard about Pig Out, located in a converted service station, so a couple of weeks ago we made the trip from Taylors to see what the talk was all about. 

The restaurant was clean and the staff were fast with our order, even if they weren't the friendliest group of people.


My Wife had a pork BBQ sandwich slaw plate with beans and red bbq slaw.


 I had a similar plate but I had regular slaw as one of my sides. 

The beans were great, some of the best I've had at a BBQ restaurant (Be warned, they are on the spicy side.) The regular slaw was good slaw, but nothing special, but the red bbq slaw, that you could get on the sandwich or as a side was a definite plus. Once again be warned, the red slaw is a little spicy.

I was really expecting something great from the BBQ, but found it was no better than Bucky's here in Greenville and I'm not a real big fan of Bucky's. Both Pig Out and Bucky's BBQ pork has very little smoke taste. You have to use a sauce at both places, since the meat can't stand on its own. Luckily, the mustard sauce at Pig Out saved the sandwich. 

My opinion is, if you're in the area, it's ok BBQ, I've had worse, but it's definitely not worth the drive from anywhere over five miles away.

No comments: