Wednesday, April 23, 2014

CHARLIE'S BAR-B-QUE


I've eaten at Charlie's Bar-B-Que before, but it was many years ago. We've driven past the restaurant several times over the last few months, so I thought I would give it a another try. Unfortunately, that was a mistake. I'll give them credit for having a very friendly and efficient staff; however, that doesn't make up for the low quality meals that we ate there today.


I had a chopped sandwich plate with macaroni and cheese and the loaded potato salad. My wife had the same plate but with slaw and baked beans (see photo below). Much to my dismay, the macaroni and cheese was your standard "Kraft" style. I think this is the first time I've been in a BBQ restaurant and been served a children's dish. The loaded potato salad was the best thing we had, but I'm assuming they buy it from someone, since it was pretty obvious they didn't put much effort into their sides (slaw and beans were both just ok). If the BBQ had been good, I could have overlooked the sides, but the meat was practically tasteless and my guess is that is why they put sauce on it before serving it to you. My recommendation for Charlie's Bar-B-Que is spend your money at about any other BBQ restaurant in Greenville and you'll be better off.




No comments: