Saturday, May 18, 2013

COMO'S PETE'S No.4


In a search for fried pickles, Peggy ran across Como's Pete's No. 4 on Augusta Rd. It has been years since we've eaten there, but today we made the trek across town and it was more than well worth it.


Above is the much sought after pickle fries, this is a small order and was $3.15. They were cooked to perfection and mighty tasty. Too bad you can't order a beer at Pete's since that is the ideal compliment to these, but I'll have to say Pete's had a very good sweet tea ($1.99). How good....well I normally don't drink tea anymore, but I must have had three glasses today. 


I had the Pimento Burger (4 oz patty with homemade pimento cheese) ($4.25), it comes with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. I opted to leave off the lettuce and tomato, since I already had my vegetable serving with the pickles! 


Peggy had the Pimento Chili Cheese Burger (4 oz patty with homemade pimento cheese, served with mustard and onions) ($4.70). I sampled it and found it just as good as mine and Peggy really enjoyed it. These were some great burgers and fried pickles and we will definitely be going back.



No comments: